Several cogent responses were provoked by Newsweek and Kurt Eichenwald’s ignorant Christmas polemic against the Bible and historic Christianity. Here are the best:
- Dr. Michael J. Kruger, President and Professor of New Testament and Early Christianity at Reformed Theological Seminary, Charlotte, NC, wrote a two part rebuttal on his blog: part 1, part 2.
- Dr. James R. White, director of Alpha and Omega Ministries, devoted two episodes of his Dividing Line programme to refuting Eichenwald’s piece: part 1, part 2.
- Dr. R. Albert Mohler Jr., president of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, wrote a blog post.
- Dr. Daniel B. Wallace, professor of New Testament Studies at Dallas Theological Seminary and Executive Director of the Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts, also authored a post.
- Dr. Ben Witherington, professor of New Testament for Doctoral Studies at Asbury Theological Seminary and member of the doctoral faculty at St. Andrews University, has written a post.
- Newsweek has published a response by Dr. Michael Brown to its article.
7 thoughts on “Round-up: responses to Kurt Eichenwald’s Newsweek article, ‘The Bible: So Misunderstood It’s a Sin’”
Professor Robert Gagnon (http://robgagnon.net/CVofRobertGagnon.htm), professor at Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, wrote a 14,000 word response to the article as well (http://robgagnon.net/articles/GagnonNewsweekEichenwaldResponse.htm)
Thank you, that’s a helpful and interesting read.
Comments are closed.